Friday, September 22, 2017

Banana Breakfast Smoothie

[4 SP per serving] I have always loved a breakfast smoothie, they just kick my day off and leave me feeling full until lunch. The problem with smoothies is that they are very rich in points. As a result, I stopped drinking them when I started Weight Watchers. This recipe was featured on the Biggest Loser, and while I do not recommend losing as much weight at a single time as in those shows, I do recommend this version of the smoothie.

Information

  • Makes: 4 smoothies
  • Source: The Biggest Loser
  • Prep: 5 min     Cook: 0 min

Ingredients

1 banana, medium sliced 0 SP
1 cup low-fat milk 4 SP
¾ cup fat-free plain Greek yoghurt, or vanilla 2 SP
¼ cup pinapple juice 2 SP
½ Tbsp honey 2 SP
1 Tbsp protein powder 1 SP

Instructions

  1. Add all ingredients to blender. Process the bananas, milk, yoghurt, juice and honey until smooth.

Notes


  • Remember: because this is a drink the SPs for the banana must be calculated this is the reason that the SPs are 4, not 3.
  • I also added the Protein powder to increase the protein to keep you full longer.
  • Nutritional Information per Serving
    • Calories 113
    • Fat 0g
      • Saturated Fat 0g
    • Sodium 88g
    • Total Carbohydrates 16g
      • Sugars 12g
    • Protein 13g


EmoticonEmoticon