Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Sweet Hawaiian Crock-Pot Chicken

[6 SP per serving] My mother used to make a fantastic Hawaiian chicken and that taste still lingers in my memories, but with many of the recipes that I grew up on, it is not very healthy. Enter the saviour, Truvia! The brown sugar replacement is fantastic and placed this recipe firmly back on my menu!

Information

  • Makes: 4 servings
  • Source: My mother, heavily modified by myself. (Inspired by a recipe from Skinny Recipes)
  • Prep: 5 min     Cook: 6-8 hours

Ingredients

2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into chuncks 0 SP
⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce 1 SP
¼ cup Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend 12 SP
1 cup crushed pineapple canned in juice 9 SP

Instructions

  1. Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker.
  2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

Notes

The original recipe called for ½ cup of brown sugar, I replaced that with only a ¼ cup of Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend as per the conversion chart found on the Truvía.ca web site.


EmoticonEmoticon